How Edmonton Valve Customers Have Saved Over $10M Since 2000
by Taryn Hardes, on Wed, Dec 05, 2012 @ 14:12 PM
If you only get parts from us, check out 8 services that could save you real money – and see savings achieved in a year end VIP Report
It's not unusual for savings to add up to 25% percent of what a customer spends with us each year. Learn more »
Back in 2000, Edmonton Valve & Fitting started a new kind of VIP program for some of our customers. While all of our customers are very important persons, this VIP program stands for something else: Value Impact Partnerships. With VIP, as we provide services we track all the seemingly small ways in which a customer saves time or money. We quantify those savings, and put it in a report at the end of the year.
Here's an example of how it works. One of our services is inventory management. We may go to a customer once a month and check what they need for inventory, draw up an order and have the products delivered. We can do this for no extra charge. This frees the customer's warehouse staff to do other work, and eliminates freight charges.
It is not uncommon for a typical customer to achieve over 100 Value Added Events per year, and cumulative savings can end up being substantial. While the savings will vary from company to company, it's not unusual for them to add up to 25 percent of what they spend with us each year. Since the VIP program started in 2000, we have tallied over $10 million in overall customer cost savings.
If in the past you’ve only bought parts from us, check out these services that could save you real money:
- Custom Solutions. If you are spending a lot of time and money assembling Swagelok parts into frequently used sub-assemblies, you can save time and money by turning the job over to our Custom Solutions Department. We have trained and certified personnel who can create assemblies specifically for your unique requirements.
- Training and Education. Swagelok experts are glad to show you and your staff the latest developments in fluid system technologies, on site or online. Your people will work smarter and safer, and your company will profit. Edmonton Valve & Fitting typically holds at least two training sessions a month.
- Equipment Rentals. There's no substitute for having the right tools, but some of those tools can be expensive if you only need them occasionally. No problem. Edmonton Valve & Fitting can rent you tube benders, orbital welders, hydraulic swaging units and more.
- Consignment Inventory. Inventory can cost 15 percent to 35 percent of the average annual value of items in stock. That's a lot to pay up front. These costs include shrinkage, obsolescence, storage and the cost of money. Though consignment inventory, on the other hand, you pay as you go. The inventory stays on your premises, ready to use, but not on your books until you need it. We evaluate your current usage, set minimum and maximum inventory levels, and establish ordering procedures.
- eBusiness Solutions. Edmonton Valve & Fitting has an array of simple and easy-to-use tools for fast online information and procurement.
- Delivery Solutions. The best parts are only the best parts if you have them when you need them. Edmonton Valve & Fitting makes sure you get them on time. We have a mobile warehouse that can come to your site.
- Energy Management. Leaks cost money. We can show you how to prevent them. Our partners from Swagelok Energy Advisors are experts in the configuration and operations of steam systems.
- Fitting Reclamation Program. One of the many advantages of the Swagelok two-ferrule fitting design is the ability to re-use the body without leaks. Most of the cost of replacement is in the fitting, not the ferrule. We'll show you where it makes sense in your system to re-use and refurbish. That's recycling at its best, and Swagelok has offered this fitting design for 65 years.
The key takeaway is that customers that use our services tend to operate more efficiently. If your plant or facility starts taking advantage of the sorts of services listed here, savings can add up fast. And you can measure the difference with an end-of-year VIP Report (which you are welcome to proudly circulate at your organization).
For more information, click here to get in touch with one of our customer service representatives.