We have a full line of PFA fittings, valves, and tubing, to get your copy of these catalogues download them below.
Swagelok carries a variety of materials for our fittings and tubing so selecting the correct one for the job can be daunting. We discussed some of the options in our blog on special alloys earlier this year but today we will further explore our PFA line of tubing and fittings.
PFA, or Perfluoroalkoxy, is a type of fluoropolymer. It has very similar properties as the more common polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) – also called Teflon.
PFA is generally used for plastic lab equipment because of its optical transparency, overall flexibility, and extreme resistance to chemical attack. PFA is also often used as tubing for handling critical or highly corrosive processes.
What to consider
You can use Teflon or metal fittings with Swagelok PFA tubing. Just remember using PFA fittings with PFA tubing you need to use a Swagelok groove cutting tool to 'groove' the tubing and achieve higher working pressures.Some other important things to consider when selecting PFA tubing and fittings are the following:
- An audible ‘click’ sound ensures tubing is properly inserted
- 316 SS fittings can be used with PFA tubing
- PFA Plug and Needle valves are available
How to order
PFA part numbers are slightly different than Swagelok’s common tube fittings, for example:
- PFA-420-1-4 for a 1/4" male connector
- PFA-820-6 for a 1/2” tube union
But don't worry about memorizing part numbers, give your local Swagelok experts a call and we will be glad to help out.
- Sometimes Stainless Isn't Enough
- Specifically Made for Alberta's Needs: The ZSML Fitting
- Building Up Swagelok's Inventory of Special Alloys
In a hurry or have a question? Please click here to get in touch - we respond fast! Or call 780.437.0640.